Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TO FLAT-OUT CLAIM THAT THERE IS NO GOD IS JUST AS SILLY AND GROUNDLESS AS RIGHT-WING EVANGELISM

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree

To flat-out claim that there is no God is just as silly and groundless as right-wing evangelism
.
GOD


Our galaxy alone is over 100,000 light years across, with over 200 billion stars that are light years apart, and there's over 10 TRILLION galaxies in the universe just like it. So if you go and look out at the night sky (as I do every night as part of my personal spirituality) some of the light you see, just from stars near by, left its respective stars traveling through time and space at 186,000 MILES PER SECOND - which is 7 1/2 times around the Earth in one second - for over 100,000 years before Jesus was born just to hit your eyeball. Yet, our galaxy is just a dust particle in the universe as a whole. There are thousands of billions of galaxies just like it, and billions of times more distant - and the universe is still expanding in every direction at the speed of light. There are a billion times more galaxies in the universe than there are grains of sand on every beach, desert, and particles of sand beneath the sea.  I'm impressed by that.
.
Every since my late wife died over 12 years ago, I’ve become something of a recluse.  My current woman along with my son, daughter, and grandkids refer to me as “The Hermit.” When I’m not either writing, playing my saxophone or doing research, I spend every minute of my time sitting in my backyard observing nature. I’ve gotten to the point where I can tell you what time it is within 30 minutes by just looking at the position of the Moon in the sky, and I can tell you within two or three days when the peach tree in my back yard is going to spring back to life and begin to blossom.
.
I've become such a fixture in my backyard environment that as I’m sitting in my yard staring out at the universe between midnight and 3 a.m. in the morning or such, possums casually walk pass me like I’m a member of their family, and I’ve watched countless generations of cats go under my house, have kittens, and then bring them out and teach them to hunt, fight, and survive. So I know for a fact that anyone who actually takes the time to observe will quickly recognize that there’s an intelligent rhythm to nature, and everything works with more precision than the most expensive Rolex watch.  In my opinion that's not by accident.
.
So it completely amazes me when man tries to apply his minuscule intellect to the task of trying to assess the nature of God, and then when he finds that the concept of the creator is beyond his ability to comprehend, he comes to the conclusion that there is no God.  In other words, "because I don’t understand the nature of God, he must not exist." What kind of arrogance is that!!!?
.
The key to life, and thought, is keeping it simple. So for me, "God" is simply whatever force was responsible for creating what we refer to as "nature," "reality," and/or "the universe" - period.  And in response to those who maintain that creation just sprung into being, I say, if that's the case, then God is creation itself. 

.
It's not my place to try to read God's mind, or define his nature, and I'm not arrogant enough to think I can.  Nevertheless, I know God, not in a Bible thumpin' way, but through the spiritual connection that he established within me, and all of creation, upon creation.  I know him by what he has done. He’s created an infinite universe with birds that fly, fish that swim, and men who think. That’s good enough for me, and it’s all I need to know. 
.
Thus, I worship what is, not my assumption of what should be, and I base my belief in God on what I can see, not on some arbitrary concept of faith.  As far as I'm concerned, people should always base their conclusions on what they think, not the thoughts of others - that's why God blessed us each with our own mind.  So I'm not prone to try to shove my personal beliefs down other people's throat, and I don't believe that people will be "punished" for not believing what I believe.
.
The concept of "faith" is merely a scare tactic designed by religious fanatics to manipulate the masses into embracing their point of view.  You don't have to have "faith" in God, because you can see him in everything he's done, and continues to do; you only have to have "faith" in what man tells you about God, and I have absolutely none.  But it is my personal opinion, however, that anyone who chooses not to believe in God, is already choosing to live in a mundane "Hell" of uninspired, and tedious monotony.
.
These are the things that God tells me as I sit in my backyard and gaze out upon the heavens, and he would speak to you as well, if you would only take time to listen.

GENESIS
.
As I walked the sandy shore
in wretched sadness,
the mighty surf reached out to me.
Its thundering voice
spoke not of cold, dark fathoms
or the mystery of desolate expanse,
but whispered softly
of an endless moment,
that moment when we were one.
.
It spoke of a time, before time,
when time stood still,
when we danced as siblings
enraptured against the breast of God.
It spoke of the mighty thrust,
that eternal moment
that casted creation
into the windless void to meet our destiny–
he the mighty sea,
destined to caress the shore,
and me, the eyes of creation,
smiling back upon itself.
.
The awe of its ageless mystery embraced me
in the familiar warmth of eternity,
as its timeless roar gently
began its song -
a love song,
whispered to a loved one’s ear -
a love song of eons past,
but of a love that’s always near:
.
“Oh, sweet sibling,
I embrace your pain,
but this too shall pass,
and we’ll be one again.”
                                                  - Wattree
.

.
http://wattree.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-difference-between-god-and-religion.html


Eric L. Wattree
http://wattree.blogspot.com/
Ewattree@Gmail.com
Citizens Against Reckless Middle-Class Abuse (CARMA)
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content