Wednesday, April 11, 2018

ODE TO A BUTTERFLY

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree
 
ODE TO A BUTTERFLY
.
I love the concept of Jesus - how can I not, I was drenched in his legend from the moment I slid from the womb. But while I love the legend, I don’t buy into it for a minute - Especially the part that claims he was born  without the heated passion of love, or that he laid there and took a nap, and then got up and walked away after he was dead. God loves love, that’s why he created it, and nothing would be here without it, and dead men don’t get up and walk away.
.
And why didn’t Jesus just laugh at ‘em when they stabbed him - now, that would have got their attention. But instead, they say, he decided to take a three-day nap and only got up when nobody was looking? That sounds just like a lie to me.  What I think really happened was his followers got together and said, “Now we've been going around telling everybody Jesus was God, so how are we gonna justify him dying?” So they decided to wait around for a few days until no one was looking, then they broke into his tomb and stole his body. They then told everybody, “Praise the lord! We told you he was God! Look, he got up and walked away!”
.
Yeah, right. I don’t think so. I don’t buy into that nonsense for a minute - God blessed me with too much common sense to embrace Mother Goose.  That’s not the way God does things - he gives you sense. God is consistent.  If dead men don't walk and snakes don't talk today, they didn't walk and talk back then.  But that’s why “faith” is so big in religion - that’s the only way man can get you to believe in his nonsense, instead of listening to God whispering into your ear saying, “Man, now you know that don’t make sense.”  So given a choice between man and God, I choose to listen to God and common sense; I leave the Voodoo of faith to man.
.
And no, I don’t believe Jesus was God, or even the son of God. How do we know God’s even a man at all? How do we know God’s not a whale, or a butterfly?  It’s only man’s arrogance that tells us differently. Only the arrogance of man makes us believe that God created himself in man’s image. God is EVERYTHING he created, and he created apricots just like he did man, so why would God want to make himself look like man instead of a Plump and juicy piece of fruit? God is also in watermelons - maybe that’s why Black people love them so much.  I just ate one, cold and crisp, and with every bite I went straight to Heaven.  Yeah, go ahead and laugh, but what’s more ridiculously comical than man? At least a watermelon is without sin and only lives for our pleasure. On the other hand, man lives to raise Hell, and every time he opens his mouth he’s lyin’ - every one of them reminds me of Donald Trump.  

.
Now open up your Bible and try to find St. Willie, St. Debra, or St. Chung. You won’t find ‘em, because the men who wrote the Bible didn’t believe God loved or spoke to anything, or anybody, who didn’t look just like them. Now, THAT’S funny - and ignorant as well. So naw, I don’t buy it.  I think Jesus was simply a good-natured philosopher - A good-natured BLACK philosopher - nothing more, and nothing less. Jesus was simply misunderstood. When he said, “I and the father are one,” he meant that God and ALL things are one, so you, and your French poodle are also one with God.
.
A child dies somewhere in this world every 7 seconds, and women and children are choked to death in Syria from the chemical evils of man; young Black men are being lynched by bullet in cities all across America, and so-called “Men of God” demonstrate in the street “in the name of the Lord” to keep the hungry and homeless out of their neighborhoods. So why would God want to be a man? Why would he want to make himself evil?
.
Yet, every Sunday in churches all across this country, arrogant “Men of God” continue to testify -“God loves me so much that he paid my light bill!” What kind of stupidity is that!!!?
.
Yet, still I pray - not to Jesus, but to whales, watermelons, and butterflies.
.
A TRUMP PRAYER MEETING
"DEAR LORD, PLEASE DON'T LET MUELLER
FIND COHEN'S TAPES."
.
Eric L. Wattree
wattree.blogspot.com
Ewattree@Gmail.com
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content